Rosé. It’s not just for breakfast anymore.
Rosé is the perfect medium between white and red wine. The biggest bonus for me is that it is served cold, which is SO much better than drinking room temperature red wine on the patio when it’s 110°. Beyond that, it is mildly sweet and easy to cook with.
This bowl is a great mix of protein and vegetables. I am always trying to sneak foods like kale into our family meals. So far I’m the only one in this house that is Pro-Kale. Truth is that my boys 86’d the kale and put it over pasta. I’ll still keep trying.
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts
- 8 oz Portobello Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- Baby Kale
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Rosé Wine
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Marinara
- Season chicken with Herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper.
- Heat nonstick skillet with olive oil.
- Cook chicken, 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- To pan, add mushrooms, garlic, and green onion.
- Once mushrooms are browned, add Rosé and let reduce by half.
- Add stock and marinara. Simmer and reduce. Adjust seasoning.
- Slice chicken and add to pan, stirring to coat.
- Add a couple handfuls of kale to bowl and top with chicken and sauce.
- Top with parmesan cheese if desired.