At some point, I decided that eating spicy food is good for you. Capsaicin, which is in chili peppers, is said to offer health benefits such as suppressing pain, acting as an antioxidant, and curbing appetite . Somehow, that translated to me as, “This makes you skinny.”
So I put jalapeños, hot sauce, and red chili flakes on just about everything. Please don’t tell me that I’m wrong and that it doesn’t work.
At the very least, make this salsa and see for yourself.
Try on top of Perfectly Simple Chicken Tostadas.
- ½ peach
- 1 large tomato halved and seeded
- 2 green onions
- 1 jalapeno (more if you want it reeaaally hot)
- 1 lime halved
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro
- ¼-1/2 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper
- Heat grill to medium.
- Drizzle peach and tomato with balsamic.
- Place peach, tomato, green onions and lime on grill.
- Grill (occasionally turning and flipping) until everything is softened with nice char lines.
- About 7-10 mins.
- Remove skin from peach, tomato, and jalapeño.
- Leave seeds in for more heat, take out for less.
- Place peach, tomato, onion and jalapeno in food processor.
- Squeeze lime over it.
- Add cilantro.
- Pulse to desired consistency.
- Add cumin, salt and pepper to taste.