Winner Winner CHICKEN DINNER!!
The smell of roasted chicken has the power to pull teens away from their devices and magically leave their bedrooms in search of the AH-mazing aroma. SAY WHAAAT??? I didn’t even scream their names 10 times and then finally resort to texting to get them to respond.
Marinating the chicken in tahini and Greek yogurt is like a quick brine. It tenderizes the meat and makes it tender and juicy.
The weather finally broke here in Texas and by “broke” I mean it dipped below 70 degrees!! Most nights we couldn’t get below 80. I seized this opportunity to use the oven and did not feel guilty that I am adding extra heat for the AC to cool. Before we spike up to 90, which I’ve been warned won’t go away for months, I am going to sneak in a few oven dishes and enjoy the Fall temperatures.
This marinade is kind of messy, so I use a big plastic bag for easy clean up. Before putting the chicken on a baking sheet that has been prepped with foil, a rack, and cooking spray, be sure to blot all excess marinade with paper towels. This will help the chicken get roasty and crispy.
This chicken goes with just about everything and leftovers are great reheated.
- 4lbs bone in chicken pieces- rinsed and dried on paper towels
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp Greek Yogurt (plain)
- ½ tsp Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 10 grinds of black pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour into large, sealable plastic bag.
- Thoroughly dry chicken and add to bag.
- Smoosh to coat the chicken.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour, no more than 2.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. I use the Convection mode.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and place rack on it that is coated with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from marinade and using paper towels, blot away excess.
- Place on rack and roast in the oven.
- Check after 45 minutes. Cooking times may vary according to oven.
- When in doubt, insert a meat thermometer and it's done at 165 degrees.
Use whatever bone in chicken pieces you prefer. I used 2 breasts and 6 legs.