I love lasagna, but don’t always have the time for the prep and baking duration. Truth is, all I really want is the ooey gooey cheese and sauce. Why not skip the the carb -loaded noodles and bake up an amazing combination of cheeses (the Italian trifecta) and spinach laced marinara?
The best part of this is that is smells like you were slaving away in the kitchen, but it really only took a few minutes. It is a simple meatless dinner with a salad, or an appetizer for company. Carb lovers can smear it on crusty bread.
I have to confess that my boys didn’t eat this plain. Instead, they put it over pasta (sigh). I know, this was supposed to be low carb, but they have not jumped on that bandwagon yet. Just divide the ricotta in half and make everyone happy.
Enjoy the taste and comfort of baked lasagna without the noodles. Quick and easy!
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups marinara
- 3-5 cups chopped baby spinach (depends on how much you like...or don't like)
- Using a hand mixer, whip ricotta and eggs.
- Once thoroughly combined and smooth, stir in Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wilt spinach in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Stir in marinara.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce into 9x12 baking dish.
- Using a tablespoon scooper, drop dollops of ricotta mixture on sauce about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Broil for additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.